The WLE PTA will hold its annual Can & Coat Drive November 28th through December 9th. Donations will be accepted in carpool line and in the school lobby each morning of the collection period.
Once again, we’re proud to partner with Grow Our Kids’ Little Bellies program, which provides food for students and their families (including several of our own) over track-out periods. Grow Our Kids hopes that this food not only helps families in need but also positions children to return to school feeling nourished and ready to learn.
You can help by donating nonperishable foods. Grow Our Kids particularly needs the following:
- peanut butter, jelly and spaghetti sauce (plastic jars, please)
- soup and canned stews
- healthy cereals
- oatmeal (single-serve and canisters)
- apple sauce and fruit cups (with natural juices)
- dried rice and beans
- canned beans
- macaroni and cheese
- instant potatoes
- canned white meat chicken and tuna (packed in water)
- self-serve snacks (like granola bars, whole grain fruit bars and nutritious crackers)
Additionally, we will be collecting gently used coats for Note in the Pocket, a nonprofit organization that provides clothing to impoverished and homeless children in Wake County.
Thank you in advance for your support of our Can & Coat Drive!